Monday, August 20, 2007

A giant Sunday!

I wish I was talking about a gallon of ice cream, but really it's a reference to the month of August
. I'm here... woefully unprepared for the coming school year.

The good news is that Palpatine didn't move my schedule around as much as she could have. They did make one change that took away my 4th period prep (which means that I won't be guaranteed an early lunch should I so choose.) But the upswing is that my new 2nd period prep is bound to be way more productive, and will put a well needed break in an otherwise grueling string of classes that stretch from 0 period to lunch (that schedule was taxing last year.) Yeah, she may have actually done me a favor there.

The bad news is that she's trying to balance my numbers, and may put more people in band than we can accommodate with instruments. Now, regarding the 7th grade enrollment I have mixed feelings. I think she is trying to balance it out so I don't have an obnoxious amount of people in my first period class (choir)... and by obnoxious I'm talking about 90+ students. I truly believe she's trying to do some me some good there. Only right now, choir may be the only place I can handle those kinds of numbers, although I hope to high heaven that an alternative makes itself known. If I had the instruments to go around, I wouldn't mind so much.

No comments: