Principal Palpatine is leaving Empire High School!!!
That's right... the individual who is responsible for the vast majority of stress, unhappiness, and feelings of self-doubt in my life four the last four years is finally removing herself from my sphere of existence.
I heard the news today... confirmed by the presence of a hastily composed farewell e-mail from the evil one herself in my inbox.
I'm out of town right now - I'm working a three week session at Rocky Pines Music Camp (My favorite place in the world) where I have no phone service and sketchy internet connection. It seems that the news was released just today (the one day this week that I managed to check my e-mail)... not only was Palpatine's farewell address waiting for me, I also found a number of excited posts and messages spread out over my Facebook page and two other e-mail accounts.
The Empire is Dead.
Now, before you wise and experienced folk jump in and warn me about the dangers of an unknown future... let me just say that at the very least I am guaranteed to be happy and stress free for the remainder of my summer.
More on this later (When I return from Rocky Pines) In the mean time...
THE EMPIRE IS DEAD! DOWN WITH TYRANTS! LONG LIVE THE REBELLION!!!!

4 comments:
Congratulations!!! Isn't that a wonderful feeling?
Wahoo! I'm very happy for you, and I can tell you from experience that after you've had the worst, everything else is better. Banish thoughts of fearing the unknown!
YAY!!! haha Are getting her a going away gift!? hahaha
Celebrate! Breakfast?
Post a Comment