Someone stole the Mac G5 that we used to do our digital recordings. I'm not sure if it happened last night, or this morning - It was definitely there in my office when I left yesterday. I didn't notice it was gone until 3rd period today. It could have been taken during the night - although I distinctly remember locking everything when I left.
There were students in the office during 0 period this morning - two of my most trusted (the school valedictorian and his girlfriend - the uber-Christian). There was also my TA - a kid I don't know that well - but with the other two there he couldn't have taken it. 1st period seems the most likely time - someone could have slipped in through the instrumental room and grabbed it while I was teaching choir.
Ugh, I hate this part of being a school theft victim - where I'm going through my student's faces in my mind, trying to figure out who seems like the most likely to have done it - a process that is completely wrong and unfair, and yet I can't stop it.
Theres some good news - out of all the equipment in the office, the Mac was actually the least expensive. Both the Digi002 unit that the Mac sat on and the microphones in the drawer underneath cost far more. My saxophones are also worth about five Macs each... a fact I do not advertise. Also, we're not quite paralyzed, since I still have my own personal Macbook which has the same recording software installed - but I'm not crazy about the idea of having it at school, especially now.
I wonder if it was the same guy who was stealing my geek stuff off the walls...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment