Thursday, May 20, 2010

Middle School Mayhem

Captain's Log 05192010 - I'm walking up to the front office with an 8th grader who needs to talk to a larger authority figure than I.

8G: "This sucks what did I do?"

Me: "You were throwing food... and yes, it does suck"

8G: "I didn't throw it, I tripped and it flew out of my hands"

Me: "I watched you throw a cheesed-up bagel at the boys bathroom door and laugh your butt off when it stuck."

8G: "I was laughing because I tripped. I'm getting busted because I have big feet!"

Me: "No... you're getting busted because when I told you to clean it up you just stood there and kept laughing"

8G: "I was... thinking about what I should do...."

Me "Son... don't go into a life of crime. You're a horrible liar."

* I would like to acknowledge my colleague, who inspired me to fight middle school immaturity when I saw her a drag a wimpering MS kid into the office last week for kicking his friend.

1 comment:

english maven! said...

I am honored.

And you, sir, have been officially inducted into The World Police.

Your badge is on order.