Thursday, April 4, 2013

A short, open letter to God from an agnostic....

Dear God,

Hi, how's it going?  I know I don't talk to you very much.  I try not to ask for too many favors, especially since I haven't signed on for a full membership.  I know how annoying  a free-loader can be.  Anyway, I just wanted you to know that if I ever turn into the kind of parent who would try cover up my son's mistakes - you have my permission to smite me.  Well, you don't really need my permission.... but I just want you to know that I wouldn't hold it against you.  Thank you, that's all.

Maestro

*************************************************************

This is not in response to the parent meeting that I had last week (Sorry, I was supposed to keep you all updated).  That meeting went well.  Really well, in fact.  Everyone went away happy.  Nuff said.

Nope, this is an entirely different kid, who (along with a friend) skipped my class yesterday.  I found it kind of suspicious so I checked - no other teachers had marked them absent.  But apparently, mom called the office and tried to tell them that I had made a mistake, and that he was in class.... except that obviously he wasn't.

*sigh*

Probably not smite-worthy.  Maybe a little bit - a holy palm print on the forehead.  That would do.

No comments: