So, Principal Janeway continues to inspire me with hope. I know she's still in her 'honeymoon phase' - where all new principals bide their time before they press forward with their 'real' agenda. Even so, she feels far more genuine than Principal Palpatine ever did. (of course, the saying "Smells better than shit" applies) In the few times that I've talked with her, she's basically said all the right things - and none of it came off as pleasantries that were only meant to put me at ease, or gain my confidence. She seems to have a vision of what she wants the music department to be - it appears to be a lot like mine. It's going to take a lot of work - but that's okay.... better than okay, in fact.
I also get the feeling that someone warned her not to say the words "marching band" around me, which amuses me to no end.
Notable Janeway quotes:
"I don't care about marching band - why don't we build a big orchestra?"
"We've got to get the counselors to stop advising kids out of music."
"Can you publicize your concerts a little earlier? I really want to make sure that we get administrators there, and this one took us by surprise."
I know that I have to be careful - I am prone to blind faith in people sometimes. But then, given how taken Beethoven was with Napoleon at first, I'll count myself in good company.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment