Saturday, March 18, 2017

This month just keeps getting better....

Big concert tonight.  Choir and orchestra.  Had dress rehearsal just now. Choir sounds great.  Orchestra sounds okay.  There are places where the orchestra falls apart.  Hiring last minute ringers to cover.
Choir Teacher Buzz isn't laying into me, but it's probably coming.  No getting around it - some of the movements just weren't prepared.  The words "I didn't know it was that bad" sound really wrong coming out of my mouth.  But that's how it kind of felt.  I did run-throughs of the work, and there were parts that were a bit shaky, but my memory was that it was holding together.  We get to today's rehearsal and it just tanks.  Badly.  Like they were reading it for the first time.  Makes me wonder if he'll want to do a joint piece with me ever again.  Fuck.


3 comments:

English Maven said...

I'm sorry I couldn't be there. I just couldn't make my giddyup go. I also graded 81 papers. I hope it turned out OK.

Alex Anderson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
codeavail said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.