Thursday, October 11, 2007

Balance to the Force

I think I'm becoming a happy person again. Things are just starting to feel like they used to. I'm way more busy than I was before, and still it feels like no matter how much work I do, I'm always behind.

Even so... I feel like I'm being a better teacher. Having so many beginning students is taxing, but it's also forcing me to be more on the ball.

Today I pulled out six different instruments in the course of one class period... and demonstrated them all. One kid looked up at me and asked "Is there anything you can't play?"

Today I didn't let the girls in the back of choir who chew gum and do homework for other classes off the hook.

Today I had a good day in AP Theory... one of those days where it didn't feel like we were working hard, but we were.

Yeah... it feels good to be me again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad. Welcome back.