* I like teaching private lessons. It's the most focused teaching environment there is. In particular, I like playing duets with my students. My wednesday lesson is a 7th grader who reads better than most of the high school kids. I just started back up with her again (after the summer) and it made me realize how much I missed playing.
* I realized the other day that recently I've been putting my feet in thrid position (ballet) when I conduct. It keeps me from knocking myself off balance as I'm throwing my arms around.
* Today a kid got "locked" in one of our practice rooms for over an hour. Well, the truth is that the door doesn't lock, but the knob can get stubborn and a lot of people think that they're locked in. You just have to crank it really hard. I dind't know he was in there.... he's in my fifth period class, and somehow got "trapped" in there before third. He ended up calling a friend on his cel. By the way, this kid has a bunch of anxiety issues and misses a lot of school. His mom came and picked him up after the incident. Idon't feel particularly responsible, but I think it's time I put a work order in on the doors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment