Here I thought March would be fairly smooth. Turns out I have one thing stressing me out after another. It doesn't help that I'm a chronic procrastinator. It also doesn't help that I have a fairly limited attention span (Adult ADD, I'm sure of it). That means I can't keep a general grasp of everything I'm supposed to do, I can only focus on one thing at a time. So then I have nights like last night, I'm trying to sleep and my brain is racing through all the stuff I have to do before the end of the month... and just when I've let go of something, another thing pops up... and another.
I love my job, but there are times I wish I were a low-level peon in a cubicle somewhere. No thinking, just being told what to do. I know, everyone has days like that.
This year in particular I've been having a hard time getting things done. My student officers are helpful enough, and not a day goes by where they don't ask me: "What can I do to help?" And honestly, most of the time the answer comes back "Oh nothing... it's all stuff I have to do."
But is that true? Maybe I just have trust issues. Maybe I just don't know how to delegate. It's the strangest thing... I have students and parents standing by waiting for me to give the word, and it's almost like I'm afraid to give the word.
In any case... I'll get the stuff done... I always do. I'm just longing for a few days where I don't have to worry about something. Probably won't happen until Summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment