Here goes:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answer.
1) What was I doing 10 years ago?
10 years ago I was getting ready to marry my college sweetheart and move to a new town... and um... get a new job. I was finishing up a 4-year stretch at my last school (my first teaching job). At the time, I was pretty demoralized. Things hadn't been going too well, and I wasn't sure I was right for the teaching profession.
I didn't want to go "lame duck" so I organized a big over-night trip that included a parade competition and a day at Magic Mountain for the band kids. It went surprisingly well. It was my last good memory from that school.
I was about 30 pounds lighter... at least.
2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
1. Clean the office (phht, yeah right)
2. Turn in the concert donation money that's been sitting in the lock-box.
3. Send music dept. e-mail announcements to parents and students.
4. Start watching Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (Extended Edition)
5. Call my sister
3) Snacks I enjoy: Butter-snap pretzels. Chocolate chip cookies. (Well, anything chocolate) Um... anything in the kitchen that doesn't take over 5 minutes to prepare.
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire: Sleep in. Collect musical instruments. Build myself the world's most intense home theater system. Upgrade to a new computer every 2 hours. Buy my wife something nice.... like an island. Donate a bunch of money to the local opera and symphony, so that I got great seats and a chance to meet all the big-time celebrity performers.
5) Three of my bad habits: Procrastination, putting empty containers back in the refrigerator. Having absolutely no reservation about eating the last hors d'oeurve.
6) 5 places I have lived:
1. Marion, OH (I kind of miss having four seasons.... and fireflies, I miss firelies)
2. El Centro, CA (Hot, dry and smells like fertilizer)
3. San Bernardino, CA (Just like El Centro, but bigger!)
4. Yucaipa, CA (Just like El Centro but... ummm... no "but.")
5. Fountain Valley, CA (Neither a valley, nor does it have an abnormally large collection of fountains. Still a nice place to live.)
7) 5 jobs I have had:
1. Camp Counselor (In a way, I never stopped being one)
2. Local TV Station Intern (Goooood times!)
3. University Campus Tour Guide (more goooood times!)
4. High School Teacher (Taaa daaaaaaaaaaa!!!!)
5. Resident Assistant (man, do I have stories.)
Tag? Who am I going to tag that opk didn't already hit? Let me think about that one.
*Edit*
Okay, I'm double tagging q6 and dr. psych. midwest teacher (although someone obviously got to you first, darn it.) hmmm... maybe romy has time to waste....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You were an RA too??? Funny!!
I'm not totally certain you can "double-tag" someone on a MEME, but whatever. My results will be up in the morning.
After reading your list of places you've lived, I'm sure you know exactly where Dirty Little Desert Town is--but let's keep that a secret, shall we? Thanks, I knew I could count on your discrection!
Post a Comment