... or at least that's what I was told.
Actually, I'm not one to take many "mental health days." If I were to cash in on all my unused sick days from the last decade, I can probably give myself a nice 4-month summer vacation. I go so long in between periods of using the automated sub-finder phone system that I forget how to use it. To be sure, I am more likely to show up to work when I am sick than to take the day off when I'm not. You teacher's know what I'm talking about... when you're out, you worry more about what's going on in your absence. It's actually harder on your system than if you just sucked it up and trudge through the day.
Today I called in. It was legit. Yesterday I felt like utter crap, and decided to give myself a day of rest. So here I am... trying not to look at the clock and think "Okay... third period is just starting."
My confession: I left no sub plans. Nada. I figured... the classes are smart enough to figure it out. And if they aren't there's always the default plan.
So... I think it's about time for another nap, then watch a little more TV myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Glad to read that you took some time for healing today. Sorry you missed letter to the faculty re: 12th grade lunch.
Take the time you need!
Wait . . . we get to call in "sick"--and not show up to work? Is this new? Was there a memo?
Gotta love the default plan! lol
Post a Comment