So I figured that since they threw the gala lunchtime birthday bash for me on Thursday, the kids would fore go the usual office decoration invasion. I figured wrong.
Yesterday we had a pep band gig at a football game. Afterwords, the helper crew brought all the stuff back to the music rooms as per usual, and headed off to a local restaurant for post-game munchies. I ended up going home about 11 p.m. All the kids (about 8 of them) split and went their separate directions... or so I thought. Apparently, they circled back to the school and proceeded with the usual office shenanigans.
I saw it this morning when I came in for the youth orchestra rehearsal. They even left me a little a little love on the office Mac... A new desktop photo of themselves crowded around the desk with a big "Happy B-Day" Sign. I laughed myself silly.
But that wasn't the end of it...
When the Orchestra staff showed up, Susan and James (her husband) brought cupcakes and had the kids sing Happy Birthday to me, and Brad, the conductor of the top orchestra, let me conduct the 2nd movement of Beethoven 7 (Possibly my favorite piece of all time).
Folks... my birthday is tomorrow.... how can it possibly get any better?

No comments:
Post a Comment