As per my promise to Principal Palpatine, I've been looking into developing and expanding our Drum Line. Last week I met with a representative form a uniform company... a guy who is going to try to put together an inexpensive but effective package to pitch to our financial support organizations.
So this guy comes into my office during my prep period and immediately noticed the plethora of comic book paraphernalia adorning the walls. He pointed at the posters on my door and said "Hey, I see you have a McFarlane SpiderMan poster.... as well as the Alex Ross Superman/Batman poster..." (Geeks idientify themselves to other geeks by dropping artist's names) A short comic book conversation ensued... followed by a half hour of looking at uniform samples.
When the period ended, the bell rang and my third period class shuffled in. I looked at the uniform rep and said "Hey... my next class is stsarting so I gotta go. But thanks for coming in!" The rep looked at me and said "Yeah, we'll be in touch. I'll put together a sample for you, how's that?" We shook hands, and I walked out of the office... leaving the rep to gather his stuff.
I spent the next ten minutes or so taking roll. I assumed that Uniform Rep Guy had slipped out the back... but when I took the roll sheets back into my office, he was still there. He had brought along a sketch book and was sitting at my desk finishing up this:
When he was done, he tore it out and handed it to me saying "Here... I'm leaving you with a little something extra."
I was flabbergasted. After a minute of staring at the drawing (which was pencilled AND inked) I finally said "Did you just scribble that out... while I was taking roll?"
He shrugged and said "I used to work for an animation studio. When you're under that kind of pressure on a daily basis, you learn to work fast."
Holy Jabezus Tap-Dancin Christ!
You know... I don't know if this whole drum line / uniform thing is going to pan out. But one thing is for sure... I have to hang out with this guy more often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That is impressive!
If the whole drum line doesn't work out at least you were able to meet a cool guy through it! :)
That is great....being a Green Lantern fany myself!!!!
Post a Comment