The Great Reform - Day 25
My productivity on developing material has stalled a little bit this week - however, I've made progress on implementing new procedures in the classroom.
* I started doing pull out sectionals in choir, and spot checking each student individually on small sections.
* I finally handed out the scale sheets in band, along with fingering charts, the circle of 5ths, key transpositions for all instruments, and one scale exercise.
* Re-introduced keyboard basics in beginning instruments - with the emphasis that all students (not just percussion) will be learning fundamentals on the keyboard.
Up next:
* Scales, bowing and shifting exercises for orchestra.
* Chord symbol - improv scale charts for jazz band.
* Begin student portfolios.
Tally-Ho!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds like you're getting a lot done! Spring always seems like a time to evaluate and improve for me, too...maybe because the end is in sight and I become aware of what I'm not getting done that year.
Post a Comment