The skill assessments are a go. They are slow going... I probably won't finnish up in all the classes until Wednesday of next week. It's okay, though - I am seeing and hearing a lot of things that I can't just pick out during rehearsal. I am finding that there is more strength individually than what I can hear from the whole group, and that is promising.
I had a thought today that scared me a little - once I get through these assessments, I still need to do goal setting and then a reevaluation at the end of the year. Given how long this is taking, I'm not sure I can do all that given the remaining time until the end of the year. Or.... maybe I need to remember what I told myself before I started testing: Just see where the cards fall - figure out the next step later.
One thing I have enjoyed about these last few days - I am finally seeing my students as individuals, not as blocks of instruments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment