Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy 2011-2012!

Hello, Dear Readers, and welcome back!

Sorry for my long hiatus - I actually have a score of posts that I began to write in the last few months, but never finished. You should probably be thankful for that - as I go back and read the drafts, I'm finding them to be rather wordy, dreary reads that don't really say anything particularly interesting.

Anyway, today I will keep my comments to brief, bullet-point statements for your convenience:

* The new classroom is "cozy" to say in the least - stuff from two large rehearsal rooms squeezed into one portable. Nevertheless, yours truly did a kick-ass job of managing the space, and we are making it work.

* My kids this year are nice. Even my beginning class, which usually drives me nuts.

* The new football coach is turning out to be a really chill guy. This is important, because when football/band relations go bad, it can make my life a living hell.

* The youth orchestra I work for is kind of in trouble - not enough enrollment to keep the staff paid through the end of the year. We all agreed to stay on, regardless of pay, for one year at least, but we may be seeing the organization's swan song. It's sad, but at the same time the thought of getting my weekends back is kind of appealing.

So really, the year is starting out to be mostly awesome. Give me another month or so to see if the honeymoon goes sour. You'll be the first to know.

No comments: