Thursday, May 10, 2007

Just keep me away from sharp objects and firearms...

Despite how ominous that title sounds... there have not been any further crisis with Palpatine. Not today. Yesterday, in fact, Palpatine approached me and gave me a hug. I guess she tuned in on how distraught I've been and how much I've been avoiding her. Maybe I'll blog about that moment later.

No... today has just been kind of a crappy day. Or maybe its just the last 2 hours. Small things... like the realization that where once I had 7 microphone stands, I now have 3. This is because the music department has apparently become the go-to for things like that. .. everyone from ASB to Drama to... welll whoever needs a mic stand. Yesterday I went and dropped $100 dollars at Guitar center replacing things.... instrument cords, microphone clips... little things that walk off. Part of it is that I'm angry at myself for being too accomodating and for not having a better system for keeping track of our stuff. But dammit, these rooms are big and the traffic through here is impossible to monitor. PPhhhthht.

Also, I spent an entire day without a car because I sent it in to have them figure out why the engine mysteriously dies occasionally when I'm accelerating and turning to the right. An hour ago they called me to tell me that they couldn't find the problem, and they can't even get the car to do it. Great.... So I may have to leave it there another day, although I don't know why... and drag my wife out of bed 2 hours before she ordinarily has to get up just to take me to work... oh yeah shes happy about that.

Also, it just occured to me that I have three gigs in two days starting tomorrow, which means that I will have little time for myself this weekend. Hell, why even call it a "week end"?

So yeah, I'm a little bundle of sunshine. I even kicked the kids out of the music rooms after school, just because I didn't feel like listening to people pound "Heart and Soul" on the piano and scream at eachother until they got bored and went home.

Meanwhile, I'm stuck here until my wife can come pick me up. I could use some chocolate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know that day -- I've had that day.

Label everything (get a cool label maker) and make sure it says "due back within 24 hours of use." Announce it in the jovial manner of someone who knows his colleagues are just being silly, not assholes.

See what results.

Maybe nothing. But sometimes feeling righteous can dispel some of the bad day.

I mean, it worked for me today!