Monday, May 21, 2007

On Leopards and Spots

So Palpatine has gone out of her way to be really nice to me lately. Smiles.... hugs even (as I've told you.) Sadly, I knew better than to trust it. One thing I am sure of... the immediate course of my program will be decided without my input. In fact, it may have been already.

At least there are those in the Imperial advisory council that are sympathetic to my plight.... sympathetic enough to warn me when an administrative meeting has transpired in which a course of action for the music deparetment was layed out. From what I understand, a valiant effort was made to defend the integrity of my program from a poorly advised plan to stuff the department roll sheets with students who may or may not have had any desire to be enrolled in music. She has done this without any thought of how well equipped we are to handle a massive influx of "band"students. She has done so without thought of forcing a group of students into a situation where they will be expected to pay for their own spplies, as well as devote time outside of their school day to mandatory performances. But alas, the Emperor always has the last word.

A year ago.... hell three months ago I would have been shocked and mortified. These days, there's very little that Palpatine can do to surprise me. In fact, you can not be betrayed where there is no trust left. The fact that this provides some amount of comfort is a sad thought indeed.

No comments: