Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Winter Break Distractions

1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, put who guessed it, and the movie.
5. NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search or other search functions.
6. No checking peoples’ Facebook or My Space profiles where they list their favorite movies

Got this from Midwest Teacher

Well, here's the ones nobody got (bold)

1. "I don't mind a parasite. I object to a cut-rate one." Rick Blaine - Casablanca

2. "Come on now, be honest! Which one of you wouldn't rather listen to his hairdresser than Hercules? Or Horatius, or Orpheus... people so lofty they sound as if they shit marble!" Wolfgang "Wolfie" Amadeus Mozart - Amadeus

3. "Do you not know that in the service one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?" Capt. Jack Aubrey - Master & Commander, The Far Side of the World, guessed by Lani

4. "Let's face it... this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing." Tony Stark - Iron Man, guessed by OKP

5. "Wait a minute. What am I doing? This is a very interesting situation. Hmmm...A man doesn't get in a situation like this every day. Not in Bedford Falls, anyway. This requires a little thought here." George Bailey - It's a Wonderful Life, guessed by Midwest Teacher.

6. "You look strong enough to pull the ears off a Gundark." Han Solo - Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, guessed by Q6

7. "If the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists." Ian Malcolm - Jurassic Park, guessed by Q6

8. "I will eviscerate you in fiction. Every pimple, every character flaw. I was naked for a day; you will be naked for eternity." Geoffrey Chaucer - A Knight's Tale

9. "So now I'm in deep trouble. I mean, one more jolt of this death ray and I'm an epitaph. Somehow I manage to find cover and what does Baron von Ruthless do? He starts monologuing! He starts like, this prepared speech about how feeble I am compared to him, how inevitable my defeat is, how the world will soon be his, yadda yadda yadda. Yammering! I mean, the guy has me on a platter and he won't shut up!" Lucius Best / Frozone - The Incredibles, Guessed by Q6

10. "Excuse me, Sheriff, I'm a gambler who'd like to run an honest game in your town. To whom do I speak about that? [notices the dead man lying in the dirt] I hope it's not this gentleman." "Slick" Calvin Stanhope - Silverado, guessed by Q6

11. "It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing." Boromir - Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring, guessed by Midwest Teacher

12. " To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women." [On what is best in life] Conan - Conan the Barbarian

13. "Give an Arab a sword, he makes a knife..... When you die, can I give that to my daughter?" Weath the Musician - 13th Warrior

14. "Looking at the cake is like looking at the future, until you've tasted it what do you really know? And then, of course, it's too late." Merlin - Excalibur

15. "They're not gonna catch us. We're on a mission from God." Elwood Blues - The Blues Brothers, guessed by english maven

8 comments:

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Without Google, I'm totally illiterate. Sorry!

Anonymous said...

Last one is Dan Ackroyd in The Blues Brothers...and there are a couple more teasing my brain that I just can't get.

I know a blogger who is going to have a field day with this.

Ms Characterized said...

Ooh! Ooh! Number four is Ironman! Ooh! Ooh!

Midwest Teacher said...

Ooh, I know more of these than I thought-- hooray!
5) It's a Wonderful Life (I heart George Bailey!)
6) Star Wars: A New Hope (I think)
8) Army of Darkness? (or whatever the name of that dumb movie w/ the guy w/ the chainsaw arm is that i was forced to watch in college)
11) LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring
15) Blues Brothers (I'd like 4 whole fried chickens and a coke!)

Maestro said...

Midwest Teacher - Hey not bad!

6) Oooooh so close!
8) No... but that would have been a good one to quote.. heh heh.

Anonymous said...

3. Captain Aubrey, Master and Commander. (Hee hee, I actually knew one.)

Q6 said...

10 is Jeff Goldblum (Slick) in Silverado. 7 is Jeff Goldblum (Ian Malcom) in Jurassic Park. 6 is Harrison Ford (Han Solo) in Episode V.

Others shoud be thankful I didn't chime in sooner. :)

Q6 said...

9's The Incredibles, but I don't know if it's Craig T. Nelson or Samuel L. Jackson.