Monday, June 29, 2009

Off We Go (well... soon....)

Well, for the first time ever in my life, I wasn't up packing until 3 a.m. the night before a big trip. I asked my wife if we could go see the new Transformers movie before I left, but when we got to the theater, the lines were still obnoxiously long, so we just came home and I finnished my luggage-stuffing early. It's a good thing. I needed the sleep.

On the spur of the moment, I bought a little Acer netbook to take with me. My mom just bought one, and when she showed it to me, I realized that it would lighten my load even more than the macbook would (I need a means to dowload/store photos). It's designed to be a web surfing and simple document processing machine, but I managed to load both Finale and Photoshop 7 on it, and it seems to work just fine. Did I mention that this bad boy has a battery life of 6+ hrs? Not bad for less than $400.

This morning my wife got up early for work- she's taking half a day off later to take me to the airport. When she left the apartment, I occurred to me that this will be the first time that I will be travelling abroad without her... and I realize now how much I will miss having her with me.

No comments: