* First concert of the year was last Friday. It went pretty well, except for the fact that I had the highest absentee rate... probably ever. Among the MIA was King Drama Flake, who skipped out on the concert but showed up later for the play he is starring in (after I had made special arrangements to have his group perform and get off stage well before the play's call time.) He has been at school this whole week, but has yet to offer any explanation.
* Today I found out that my retro pay is quite a bit more than what I had thought it would be.
* I was nominated for "Teacher of the Year" again. I think I'll go for it. It seems to be a "lucky" year. Who knows.
* Our district revealed plans to demolish the arts facility on our campus and completely rebuild - including a 350 seat auditorium. I'd be getting brand new rooms. I'm torn over this - there's no telling whether or not what I'd get would be better than what I have. Also there's a lot of history in these old rooms. At the same time, it would be nice to have heating and air conditioning that works like it should.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
King Flake? Who's taken that role this year? And I hope you make clear to him how his little escapade made you feel.
I'm sorry I missed the concert. We're booked for Christmas, though.
W$$t for money, honey!
Post a Comment