Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Ghost Town

One of the side effects of the significantly expanded physical layout of the campus is that the teachers lounge has been deserted.  A new lounge opened up in a newly constructed area, taking a good third of the faculty with it.  The rest seem to have just lost the will to congregate.  The sad part is that this is the kind of faculty that generally like to be around each other.  There are some places that you couldn't *pay* people to hang out with each other.  I know... I've worked there.  This school, for all it's been through, is still a pretty happy place to be.

On a side note - the air conditioning in my room is rather aggressive (I suppose with on-and-off again heat wave conditions, I should be grateful) .  I open the doors to let the temperature even out.

Actually, that's just an excuse.... I open the doors so that I can play music during my prep and let it waft through the halls.  It's my way of reminding the math and science folk that the music program has nested in their tree, albeit temporarily.  I sometimes leave the door open during orchestra class, for the same reason.

No comments: