Dear Parents of the Munchkins in the After School Elementary Music Program,
I know you paid a lot of money for the program, however it does not cover attending to your children a full hour after the class has ended. Please be on time to retrieve them... especially if they are going to be loud, annoying, and full of curiosity as to what I have stored in the various cabinets around the music room. The next time you fail to pick them up on time, I will drive them to Disneyland, take them into "It's a Small World" and nail their feet to the floor, after which they will be forced to sing that song for eternity.
On the Principal Palpatine front:
Well, apparently her Imperial majesty has decreed that all of the Drama Dept's plays must now pass her inspection before they open for the public. Apparently she got a few phone calls from parents. So now, students will refrain from kissing on stage, as well as uttering the words "damn" or "ass." Not only will we raise the moral content of said productions to an appropriate level, we will be sure to protect any young theater goers from being exposed to influences that are far milder that what they get into in their own regular lives. Yessssireee... it's a kinder, brighter future, and I for one am proud to be a part of it!


2 comments:
Perfect letter! The audacity of some parents!
Back in the day when I was a the Drama Mama, I tried to avoid any public/parent hassle when I chose plays...man, was it limiting!
Oy the more I hear about Palpatine the more I'm glad I a)don't teach band or something like that and b) don't have admin like that. Eeeesh.
Post a Comment