Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Subject to the requirements of the service.

Got a call and two e-mails from a parent involved with one of the girls sports. Apparently there's a big game tomorrow. League finals or something. They want some kind of musical representation. Our drum line or something.

Now, I know this guy. He's a big player in one of the bigger campus support organizations. He's helped the music department out before. Part of me wants to help him, and part of me feels a little dismayed that we're being expected to show up with a day's notice. The thing that gets me is that the athletic parents don't quite understand what they're asking for when they approach me like this. They've had the game on their radar for months. I think they assume that it would be on my radar as well.

Tomorrow morning I'll e-mail him back. I can't rally a cause like this on short notice. But I'm a little apprehensive that Palpatine might catch wind of this and lay some heat on me. (Then again, she's a little preoccupied right now.)

We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Ms Characterized said...

ARGH.

No, they don't know what they're asking.

I don't envy you your position, though.