Thursday, March 19, 2009

Dropping the "B" Bomb

Let me set the stage for you....

It's my 0 period advanced choir. The kids shuffled in as per their usual sleepy morning fashion (half of them some minutes after the bell rang.) We finally get the rehearsal up and running: warm-ups, strecthes and what not.

About half way through the rehearsal I put my scores down and sit on my little bar stool next to the piano.

"Well, folks... I guess it's time we had a little talk. You're the first class that I'm making this official announcement to."

(silence)

"This is in regards to my.... situation next year. I want you all to know that I love you all very much.... as if you were my own children."

(stunned silence)

"However.... you need to know that next year I will....... finally have a child of my own."

(the group sits silent... only for a second... then the room erupts with squeals... mostly the girls)

Yeah, I know.

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad....

>:-)

No comments: