Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Only a Lad

Only a lad
He really couldnt help it
Only a lad
He didnt want to do it
Only a lad
Hes underprivileged and abused
Perhaps a little bit confused

- Oingo Boingo

To the Empire High Students who made a very stupid, public "threat" on one of my own:

I know you're just teenage boys... and I understand that in all likelihood, you never would have had the guts to carry out your hormone-induced rage fantasy. Nevertheless, it showed a lack of humanity that would prompt one to suspect the absence of a soul. Perhaps your parents will claim that "boys are just like that at this age." But then if they saw something posted online that suggested that their child should be sexually assaulted and murdered, I think they'd feel differently.

It really shouldn't make difference that it was a music student who was a target of your stupidity. I should be outraged no matter who it was. But it just so happens that the person you humiliated is one of mine... and when I was given a face to put that gruesome scenario.... a face that I care about...

.......

In my opinion, the little "community service" slap on the wrist you got for your actions doesn't come close to meting out what you deserve... and what you deserve is to experience genuine repulsion for your own actions.

If only you could be put in the mind of your victim, and see the world through her eyes... that you could could feel the pain and anger associated with your face... a face you'd have to look at every day of your life afterwords.

As it is, it may be that you won't understand the depth of your actions until you get older... that is if you manage to grow a conscience. Or maybe some day you'll have a daughter who finds herself in a similar situation, or a son who commits a similar act himself... and you'll have no choice but to look in the mirror and re-evaluate your youth in a different light.

Or maybe you'll be the same sociopath bastards that you are today. That would be easier for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell me more tomorrow?