...Okay, I think my school is about to explode in controversy again. This one is even out of the hands of Principal Leto (As it should be. He wasn't here when the trouble started, and he should lie low until it blows over.)
The hubbub over Former-Principal Palpatine just won't die. It would seem that the natural consequence of the unstoppable force meeting the immovable object is that both are eradicated - the teacher who was the center of a very public conflict with Palpatine last year has been put on leave until they can investigate allegations that he may have recently shot his mouth off in the wrong place at the wrong time and in the wrong way. What makes it worse for him is that he announced his predicament on his Facebook status, which was then quoted in local newspapers in short order. More accusations, more statements meant to ignite public outcry. Once again, his students (and former students) and their families stand ready to leap back into the fray. Ugh... it makes me glad I'm out on paternity leave.
One interesting thing... the article in the local press revealed the whereabouts of Former Principal Palpatine, who did not end up in the position that she left New Republic HS for. She apparently accepted a job as a high school admin in a district far away...
The only thing is, it would come as no surprise to me if the torches and pitchforks followed her there as well. A lot of people are still pissed at her, maybe enough to try to get her fired wherever she goes. That's bad mojo if you ask me. I mean, I have no love for the woman (and you all know how I celebrated her departure,) but harboring that kind of hate destroys you on the inside... Let it go, people. Let her go... then we can get back to rebuilding the Republic. And our lives.
Lucky me, I have a new boss, a new house and a new baby to focus on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ironically, during CyberSafe Week, one student was quoted right of the public Facebook page.
Anywho, I am so TIRED of this. I am also TIRED of this particular teacher.
"off"
Post a Comment