There's an amazing amount of trust that comes with certain things - allowing other people to handle your newborn child for instance. There's a flash in your mind of all the things that can go wrong... but you trust them anyway. It seems absurd... that brief mistrust of people you know well, even family. But it's your baby. And when you get him back in your arms, you feel all the better - for the trust rightfully given.
So it is with leaving your classes in the hands of another teacher for two weeks. I've never been gone that long before. I lined up the best possible sub I could have found, and I still worried. Well, not only is the sub doing a great job, but so are the students. Apparently, everyone is so supportive of my bonding time with my new child, they're all working together to keep the program going (and going well) in my absence. I know,because for a few days, I was checking... e-mails, Facebook, you name it. Then, I stopped checking, and started trusting.
That makes me feel good. That makes me feel loved.
*sigh*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment