I am thankful for:
* The parents of Beginning Drummer Dex, who upon reading my e-mail about his disruptive behavior, immediately scheduled a conference with me. When they showed up to my office, they apologized profusely for Dex's behavior and pledged their full support to finding a solution to his behavioral problems.
* My students - Trombone Dan, Band Mom, His Royal Highness, Jimmy Sniffle, Princess Jasmine, Lucky the Drummer... basically all the kids who make my life infinitely easier, rather than harder. I could try to name them all day long and still manage to leave some out.
* The fact that the issue with beginning band yesterday was more because of a wacky sub than a rowdy class. basically, as the day wore on - I got more and more reports (from people I trust) that she was 'out of line' and by the time 4th period rolled around, my anger had dissipated. I had planned an activity for the drummers that was meant as a punishment - but somehow it evolved into a meaningful lesson.
* The absence of Former-Principal Palpatine in my life.
* All my friends who are teachers are darn good teachers. I'm hoping that says something about me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yay! I'm flattered. I'm thankful for you!
Those are all things to be thankful for.
Post a Comment