Monday, November 22, 2010

When The Cat's Away.....

Had to be out with a sub today. Sick day... not for me, but for my wife who had minor surgery and needed a ride to and from the clinic as well as post-operative care. I was out sick last Monday, too. It seemed to go well, so I wasn't worried. Before I drove my wife to the clinic, I was putzing around on the internet, and I inadvertently left my Facebook account open. Much later, when I returned to my home office, I found a message from my music club president waiting for me:

Trombone Dan: Hey Mr. M. I hope your wife is okay. Um, did you hear about the drummers in the beginning class?

Trombone Dan: Mr. M. ?

Trombone Dan is offline.


I tried responding-as-a-message, calling and texting him. No dice. I guess I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow to find out what happened - but I'm going to get some detention slips ready.

What's got me extra pissed off is that this year's class of beginners, as goofy as they are, was turning out to be way more cooperative than last year's class. On Friday I even said something to the effect of: "Okay, I'm going to be out with a sub again on Monday. You guys did great last time - keep on being cool and you'll have way more privileges than last year's class did."

Alas.

No comments: