* Last night's football grudge-match with Cross-Town Rival School - We lost, but I found a $100 bill on the ground. That's way cooler.
* Autistic Billy is back in choir. He had a meltdown this morning. The aide shuffled him out of the room quickly. We could still hear him screaming in the courtyard.
* A different kid in choir was tearing up the sheet music into tiny bits and eating it. Yeah.
* I've been asked to be the adviser for the newly formed "Super Hero Appreciation Club" Gee, I wonder why they asked me.
* I broke down and bought a couple 30 gallon trash cans for my classrooms. I used to just steal some from the courtyard, but the maintenance guys were getting stinky about it - "Those are the outdoor bins!" Okay, whatever. So I bought my own and marked them "NRHS MUSIC." The guy who cleans my room saw them and immediately became my best friend on campus.
* Air conditioning report - for the first time ever, both rooms work perfectly. (I shouldn't have said anything, I probably just jinxed it.) Apparently, my units are of high interest to the district AC repair guy (with whom I am on a first-name basis.) Watching him try to isolate the problem(s) is like watching an episode of House.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment