So today I was going over the basics of clef and pitch identification with my choir class. About half way in I started seeing the "theory glaze" cover their eyes. Then right about the time I went over the bass clef pitches, we got a shot in the arm -
I wrote out the names of the line notes on the bass clef staff: G-B-D-F-A, and I was about to give them the mnemonic device to remember them (You music types know the universal one for the treble clef - "Every Good Boy Does Fine"). It was right there on the tip of my tongue - "Grizzly Bears Don't Fly Airplanes" - when the aide for Autistic Billy raised his hand and said "How about 'George Bush Didn't Find Al-Qaeda'?"
It took me a few minutes to recover from laughing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's great! I wonder how long that will take to spread over the entire music world?
Post a Comment