I should be shaking like a leaf right now. Now 20 minutes ago, I had a near shouting match with Palpatine. The short version is this:
Palpatine: So, you're all set for playing graduation?
Me: No, this is the first I've heard of it.
Palpatine: But... you played it last year....
Me: That's because you approached me about it last year. This year I didn't get so much as a e-mail.
What ensued was a heated discussion about professionalism and expectations. She used the words "marching band".... I told her we didn't have one. (That felt good) I'm sure a lot her manner also had to do with other crisis she's dealing with (I don't envy her). But in the end, I told her I would see what we could do about getting a small ensemble there (and honestly.... I will)
Usually, I roll over and take it. Today I didn't. As a result of that, I may have wiped my shot at keeping AP Music Theory alive... but I feel better about that than I would have waiting for other people to stand up for me (again).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I didn't get a chance to tell you in person, but I am SO PROUD OF YOU.
I wish I had stayed to hear more details (I didn't end up getting my skates; D. got his item, though). I'll find you tomorrow -- or come visit me in the morning.
You go, man.
Post a Comment