Monday, June 25, 2007

Pat your dog every once in a while...

.... and tell him he's a good boy.

So this year I decided to put together a "Best Of" CD of all the top performances, solo and group. I'm not really marketing it to people, but I am giving copies to administrators, district muckity-mucks and what not.

Out of all the people who got them (about 16 or so) I think only two will actually listen to it. One of them is the AP who attended almost all the concerts where we made the recordings. The other is our local school board representative. She just sent me an e-mail:


Thank you for sending a copy of the *MY SCHOOL* Music Department’s performances. You should be proud of the wonderful program you have developed at *MY SCHOOL*. I will play this in my car as a constant reminder of our talented students.


You know, had I gotten little pick-me-ups like this at my last school, I might not have left.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! So cool. So proud of you -- and lucky I know an admin who'll let me have a listen...

Have fun in Vienna!