Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Eye of the Storm.

Two weeks without Palpatine.... Three, really, counting the coming week off.

You know, there's a rumor going around the staff that she isn't coming back; that the district is "relocating" her. I don't know how much faith I should put in that, so I'm preparing to see her face when I come back after break. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the rejuvenation I've seen in the last few weeks (most evident in the return of my more workaholic tendencies). I've definitely increased my productivity in the absence of the Imperial presence.

Ah.... contentment... even if it's just temporary, it is welcomed nonetheless. A whole week off... free from both CLAD and Palpatine... how do I celebrate? By coming to school on a Saturday, sitting in my office with a reed knife trying to turn a bad reed into a good one without accidentally reducing it to a toothpick. By sitting down with a copy of the Glazunov Concerto for Saxophone and playing until my cheeks give out. By tidying up my office, putting all the toys back in their regular shelf spots, and putting all the loose sheets of music in their folders. By arranging the chairs and music stands in neat little evenly-spaced rows. In short, by falling in love with my classroom again.

No comments: