...and the Lord taketh away. Sometimes, he does both at the same time.
Take Mr. Lazy Senior Saxophonist. Just yesterday he dropped out of jazz band without so much as an explanation. At least he brought back the school's tenor sax. I think they don't talk to me because they're afraid I'll react badly. Sometimes I'm glad they don't talk to me because I'd have a hard time concealing my joy. The very same day a new student shows up. Transfer. Tenor sax player. I had one horn available.... the one Mr. Lazy brought back. How convenient.
Oh ,and Ms. I'm-obnoxious-and-there's-nothing-you-can-do-about-it? She's gone too. She came to me yesterday at lunch begging for a note to her counselor that says I approve of the transfer. I said, "Who is your counselor? I'll just go talk to them during my prep." She said hurridley "Umm.... can I just get a note now? I want to go talk to him now." I shrugged and reached for a pen. This is where she felt the need to let me down easy: "Ummm... I like the class and all.. but that final exam... having to get up and sing in front of people... I can't do that again." She grabbed the noted almost before I was finnished signing it. As soon as the door to my office closed, I said. "That's why I do the final. To discourage people who are here for the wrong reasons."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment