I couldn't help it.... I didn't really want to look... that's not true, I did want to look. I've been browsing the SCSBOA (Southern California School Band and Orhestra Association) web site for jobs. Nothing looks even remotely interesting. Nothing even in my county.
But then I looked at CMEA's site. And there sitting pretty-as-you-please is a job posting that looks tailor-made for me. Only one problem: it's a private school. Last I checked, they didn't pay so well (let's not forget kids that I'm trying to start a family.... and I just bought my wife a Lexus.)
But the thought of driving to work happy is.... appealing. I'm going to at least call.
*Edit*
After looking at the school's web site, it doesn't seem quite so ideal. Catholic all-boys school. Looks like it would be one performing group (band) and a bunch of "appreciation" classes. Also, it looks like they march.... which may not be so bad, it depends on whether or not they compete.
I'm not so sure about removing the estrogen factor from my daily life. It might feel like joining the Navy or something. And I'd have to kiss my jeans-wearing days goodbye (Eh. I did the Catholic school thing before. Whatever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a month! I look forward to talking to you about all of this.
Post a Comment