I guess, keeping with the Star Wars theme I ought to re-name Weasle something appropriate... something with "Darth" in the title.
Incidentally, there's a runnning joke on the web about Sith names: It seems people believe that "darth" is a substitute for "in." Being that Dath Vader and Darth Sidious could be re-interpreted as Insidious and Invader. Of course, not every Sith name cooperates (Inmaul just makes no sense) but the possibilities abound: Darth Cognito, Darth Competent, Darth Flatable and my personal favorite.... Mother Darth Law
Anyway, it seems that every time I make an address to the class, Weasle makes editorial comments to people on the side. For example, today I tell the Jazz group (where most of the student trouble is centered) that the program isn't "dying"... it just never recovered from the tragedy two decades ago that left the entire music program under a single teacher. Weasle later tells people that I'm just shifting the blame.
It was enough to make my blood boil for... about fourty minutes. Then I remembered my Yoda: "Let go of your anger, anger leads to the dark side." And sure enough, after I relaxed and let the thought expel, I was grateful for the teachgings of Master Yoda. It seems as if every bad decision I've made in reacting to a student has stemmed from responding to them in the heat of the moment. Indeed.... fear - anger - hate - suffering. I resisted, this time.
I'm going to go try and move a rock with my mind, now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You gotta be kidding me . . . the best inservice you've had for this kind of thing came from a Muppet?!?
1) Weasel, forty.
2) I thought it was good advice.
3) Stop encouraging the informers -- it breeds division, no matter how much you like to be in the know. Trust me, I had a year of gut-roiling when I knew more than I should.
4) Darth Teresting, Darth Valuable, Darth Flammable, Darth Visible, Darth Subordination, Darth Vincible (the name will fool the Jedi), Darth Stant Coffee, and me, Darth Sane.
Post a Comment