Tuesday, April 24, 2007

D-Day

So today is concert day. This a special concert... one aimed at recruitment. We sent out flyers to the elementary schools and spammed every e-mail box we could get access to. Come see us! Send your kids here! Lets put a trumpet in their hands!

It occured to me this morning that the results oif this event may be tied with my livelihood. That hasn't happened since my undergrad senior recital.

But several things happened today that I did not expect: When I got to school this morning, I found that the assistant principle had used the school's phone announcement system to publicize our concert. Not only that, several students throughout the day went out of their wau to help me prepare the rooms and make the displays for (I hope) the visiting families.

And so... at the 11th hour.... a horn sounds in the deep, and Theoden realizes that the elves have arrived at the Hornburg. It is a most welcome site, but still on his mind are the 10,000 orcs that march on his gates.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be out there tonight listening and supporting.