I know, I know... those of you who have been reading my blog form the beginning are tired of hearing me bitch about CLAD. It's like having a friend who's "stuck" in an abusive relationship but doesn't have the guts to do what they need to to get out. After a while, you don't want to talk to them anymore. But fear not, friends. This is not one of those posts
I've allowed myself way too much leisure time on this already.
I promised myself it would be done by September... didn't happen.
I promised myself I'd be done by December.... didn't happen.
I promised myself I'd be done before winter break... didn't happen.
I promised myself I'd work on it over winter break... hell, you can scroll down if you don't remember how that went.
So I said... "okay.. so none of that happened. I guess I'll just have to take care of it this weekend." To which my ID replied "Who the hell are you kidding? You have three new video games and twelve new DVDs from Christmas. Lets not forget that beautiful big LCD TV you just bought, with the upgraded surround-sound... and oh, it's your wife's birthday on Saturday, so subtract the time you need for a nice dinner. Yeah... CLAD... sure..."
Well friends, somehow the ID got tied up and left in the closet, because I managed to get about 90% of the last class done. It's now 4 a.m. and I've just pulled another all-nighter. I didn't particularly have to, but goddammit I'm fucking tired of having this spectre hanging over my head. The coursework deadline isn't until the 31st of January, but I promised myself I wouldn't let myself get to the last week and scramble to get it in. (I still feel like I'm barely making it.) Apparently this is the first "promise to myself" that I've actually kept.
All the class logs are done, as is the peer conference project, the task sheets and the presenter evaluation forms. I just have three short assignments to do.... Tuesday, maybe Wednesday it will be in the mail.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
It only makes me wonder, really . . . once you've shattered this particular Sword of Damocles, whatever will you find to bitch about?
I bet he'll think of something...Palpatine's still around!
I'm glad you're almost done!
Well... I still have to do my CTAP-I
Post a Comment