Sunday, April 20, 2008

"Life will find a way"

Follow up to my post: O Captain, My Captain

While I've been hearing horror stories about the APs who are replacing Jeff and Dan next year, I have also been taking into consideration something that Rich (drama teacher) said recently: "One of the things that I noticed when I came to this school (three years ago) is that this staff knows how to function under adversity." This is true. In our administrative shuffle over the last ten years, we've had to learn how to function with constantly changing Ps and APs, as well as dealing with severe competence and trust issues. In short, we're battle-hardened.

I'm not sure that Palpatine understands that rather than establishing her dominance, she's pretty much united most of the faculty in opposition by being a common adversary.

I'm not saying next year will be easy... I'm saying that I think we're going to be able to handle it one way or another.

"If there is one thing the history of evolution has taught us it's that life will not be contained. Life breaks free, expands to new territory, and crashes through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously. " Ian Malcom - Jurassic Park

No comments: