Thursday, March 8, 2007

Mutiny on the high seas.....

It's official... I now have a student who has declared war on me. I've had students dislike me before, but we're talking about going-to-the-principal-with-smack-talk kind of stuff. Now, this in itself doesn't distress me a whole lot... the kid in question is generally recognized as a socially akward, arrogant bastard. I don't think much will come of it.

What angers me is the effort I've invested in this kid since he transferred to *MY SCHOOL*. I gave him private lessons, I spent a considerable amount of the school's music budget on refurbishing an old (but good) instrument for him to play, and recently I signed all of his paperwork to get him into a local honor group (and yes... he needs my approval before they accept him.)

Now the kid is trying to rally support from other kids in the group. He wants to get something of a coup going against me (maybe get me fired... who knows.) He has a few on his side, I think... all kids that I could do without.

This guy walking out the door is like Dennis Rodman walking away from professional basketball. I mean yeah, the guy has skills but....Jesus!


No comments: