Two reasons for that title:
1) One of the big differences between *MY SCHOOL* and *MY LAST SCHOOL* is that at *MY LAST SCHOOL* I didn't have anywhere to turn for support (even just emotional support). Here, I have more than a few places to go and people to talk to... and at the very least, I do not feel alone. In fact, I was waaaaaay less alone than I thoughtI was. That's something.... in fact, that's a lot of something.
2) No man is an island, just as no music is learned in a vacuum. One of the things that gets me about Weasle, is that for all of his confidence regarding his playing ability, he forgets that he did not emerge ala Venus from the sea foam as a gifted player. There's only one way that he could have picked up his playing skills... he listened to me.
I have big issues with people who put little effort into their playing, but much bigger issues with good players with little humility. You can't make good music if your ego gets in between you and the composer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hope I can count myself among those who love you, even if I kicked you out to conference with some kidlets!
Glad to read you in better form than the last post. Looking forward to more information on How Weasel is Brought to Task.
Turn around--see that guy there? That's me getting your back. Whenever you need.
(And, of course, I can't find Toy Matinee's "Last Plane Out" on iTunes anywhere . . . )
"(And, of course, I can't find Toy Matinee's "Last Plane Out" on iTunes anywhere . . . )"
Heh, for a good reason... it was the only half-way-decent song by a decidedly horrible band. They only turned out one album before going belly up.
Post a Comment