So I may just have enough time to whip up something for my meeting during my prep to face the ordeal I know is coming later.
P is going to want to know what I'm doing to recruit for marching band. I'm going to tell P that I'm recruiting for the instrumental music department, and if P wants to hire someone to form a marching band out of that... P can go right ahead.
But at the very least I need to have something to show P... to show that I'm not just sitting on my ass going "Wow, I wish I had more students." I have a good start... a modified pamphlet I can distribute to the elementaries. I do have a plan for recruitment, I just need to write it down. But in the end, I know that what I'm going to gun for is now what P wants, and I think tomorrow I'm going to be honest about that. (Although I don't know why it's needed at this point, P knows where I stand. I think P wants to know if I'm wearing down yet.)
It will be interesting to see if the student I complained about in my blog (let's call him "Weasle") a few days ago will work into this. I know he's still trying to undermine me, but I don't think he has anywhere near as much influence as he thinks. But he is trying to suck up to P (not just because of me... he wants to be *MY SCHOOL*'s top student, and hes going about it in the most slimy, claw-your-way-to-the-top, suck-up-to-everyone-who-counts way)... and part of me wouldn't be suprised if their interaction got in the mix somehow.
Phht... it doesn't matter that I'm going to crawl in bed... I'm not sleeping tonight.
I quote an obscure band from the 80s (Toy Matinee):
"There was one repressed do-gooder, and a few who still believe.
Yes, I think there were five good men here yesterday, but they were asked to leave."
-from Last Plane Out

No comments:
Post a Comment