Saturday, March 17, 2007

Oh yeah... that's why I do this

Spent a good part of the day at the CMEA convention (California Music Educators Association). I basically went to help promote the summer music institution that I work for. I always forget that I usually see a lot of people that I know at these things. There were a lot of reunions. Colleagues, former teachers that I haven't seen in a while.

I met a couple of former students... one who is now in her first year as a music teacher, and the other who is a music major at San Jose state. One of them came up to me and gave me a big hug and said "thank you" before she said anything else. I looked at her and said "What did I do?" She said that she had just come out of a workshop with some professor from XXXX university, who said that "You don't remember the teacher who taught you how to play an F sharp on your instrument. You remember the one that made music mean something to you emotionally."

I needed that.

I also have to learn to leave my credit card home when I go to these things. The exhibitors floor is usually way too tempting.

*sigh*

1 comment:

Ms Characterized said...

I ran into a former student at B&N this weekend, and I got some warm fuzzies, too.

Think they're to prepare us for the week to come?

Stay strong, flexible, and inspired!