
I know I promised I wasn't going to complain about Principal Palpatine. Okay, well... I think what I meant was that I was going to stop blaming my misery on Palpatine. And to that I am going to hold true. I do, however, reserve the right to complain about her, and poke fun at her as the case may be.
The sad thing is, I've stopped believing that I can communicate with her. Any e-mails I send her from now on are sort of a courtesy FYI. I don't expect any kind of a response that was thought out, or that shows any kind of contemplation of what's in my (or my program's) best interest. It's simply a formality I go through.
Case in point (The short version):
I email administration / counseling: "I have too many kids in period 3, not enough instruments, too diverse a variety grade and ability"
Palpatine emails back: "What a wonderful opportunity to start your marching band."
Two years ago I would have flipped out. These days, I just laugh and let it float by. I no longer come to work with that sense of doom, wondering when she's going to implement some new devilry that will cause me great pain and misery. I've come to perceive my dealings with Palpatine as sort of a serial adventure. The on-going struggle between Robin-Hood and Prince John, in which each event is just another chapter. At the end of the day, Robin goes back to his forest hide-out and enjoys a warm fire with Tuck and Little John... while the Prince huddles in his castle with the Sherrif of Nottingham... scheming about the next round of taxes.
So... she says "marching band".... I say "no".... and life goes on pretty much the same way it has the last three years.
Not that I'm not looking forward to the day Richard returns.
Tally Ho

3 comments:
Cheerio, Robin!
Does that make your Weasel problen actually a snake problem? Could he be Sir Hiss? It's phonetically relevant!
Because a marching band is the answer to all? I'm lost. That's weird.
I would love to see some principals come into the classroom and deal with these issues daily.
If there isn't enough instruments what are they going to do while marching!? lol
Post a Comment