Thursday, September 11, 2008

Happiness is. . . .

* The choir kid who brought me a huge wrapped jalapeno cheese bread. Just because.

* A simple melody like the "Chorale to St. Antoni" played well enough by freshly tuned strings.

* Listening to my 80s mix during my prep while I'm doing work.

* Students who go out of their way to make sure I'm happy.

* Parents who go out of their way to make sure I'm happy.

* Iron Man action figures sitting on my desk.

* Getting a replacement for the key to the music lockers.

* Finding out that maintenance came in and fixed all the lights, even the one in the instrument repair room that's been out since 1974.

* The freshly polished floors at the beginning of the school year.

* Working at a place where people don't let you suffer alone.

No comments: