Wednesday, September 3, 2008

!!???WTF??!!

One of the people I make a point to smile and greet warmly during my daily routine in Olga the cafeteria lady who serves the faculty food during break and lunch. Olga was a sweet elderly Polish woman who's thick accent makes it nearly impossible for her to pronounce my name... a thing I will remember her fondly for.

I know I just made it sound like she died... She didn't. At least, I'm pretty sure she didn't. It's hard to tell... I haven't seen her yet, and I don't think I'm going to. She might have retired... who knows... but what it really comes down to is this:

They're not serving the faculty food anymore. Zip. Nadda. If we want we can walk around the counter and grab some of the stuff they serve the kids, but dear God. . . Mr. "Pushing-40" Maestro doesn't have the metabolism to burn through all that crap anymore. Jesus, if it weren't for the need to talk to people my own age I wouldn't even bother leaving my classroom during the day.

Okay, so.... now I'm making sandwiches and bagging up the leftovers from dinner to take to school every day. That blows.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ewww! Is that a picture of actual food from your school? What was that supposed to be?

Maestro said...

Nah, I grabbed that gif off the web. Pretty close, though. It looks like pizza.

HappyChyck said...

I worked at my school for over a year before I found that they sometimes have different food for the teachers! Oh well, I'm still afraid of cafeteria food. Long live leftovers! Er, uh, until the next day...