Sunday, September 7, 2008

This Is What Happens When You Put The Berserkers Near The Front

So, after the recent round of e-mails regarding the whole marching band issue with Principal Palpatine bounced back and forth, I decided to quietly line up some power players on my end: In particular, my department chair and my union representative. I forwarded them the (one-sided) conversation that had been going on between myself and PP, and said "don't jump in just yet, but I would like to have some advice on how to proceed." The union rep discreetly e-mailed me back and said "Talk to the union president ASAP." My department chair, however, apparently fired off an e-mail direct to Palpatine (I don't know what was in it, but given said deparment chair's feisty nature, I'm guessing it wasn't friendly). Palpatine now wants a meeting with about 7 or 8 people involved: myself, the counselors, the middle school prcincipal, the district music coordinator and my department chair.

This will teach me to look at my school e-mail on a Sunday.

I wasn't ready for something of this magnitude just yet. But who knows, maybe it will end up being a positive thing. (As in PP gets the message once and for all - I WILL NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH MARCHING BAND AT MY SCHOOL)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck...tell me how it goes.

Q6 said...

Remember that Palpatine is big on data. If you've got any to support the claim that MB wouldn't work at your school, bring it with you. Don't lead with it, but have it in case you need it. Also remember that you've really done nothing wrong at this point--all you've done is talk to people (and the day THAT becomes a crime, we've all had it).
Good luck.